What Say Ye?

For all with an abiding love for Captain Jack Sparrow!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Ahoy, Mates! Welcome to What Say Ye? - the All Captain Jack Sparrow message board dedicated to the sexiest pirate of all time, Captain Jack! I hope this will provide a much needed release for all those pent-up Captain Jack emotions and feelings that have been repressed all these years! Here you will find the support group you need to bring your Captain Jack obsession to a full, rolling, roiling boil! Confirm your lordship and right to be heard! Present now your Pieces of Eight! (Means register and login, ye humble pirates. Savvy?) Join others of your ilk in sharing all things Captain Jack! ~ We're here for each other! Now, what say ye to that?!!

#26 12-27-2009 17:29:45

Jack Blackmore

Re: I wonder...

I know Capt Teague and Jack where closer than everyone believes, that's why I could not believe the skull to be his mother, and thought it would be more of a joke between them.

Ow well just love them both, blood is thicker then water anyway

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l415/iamleggend/Art%20work/Image2.jpg

But ye have heard of mehttp://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/figuren/a035.gif

#27 12-27-2009 20:57:29

First Mate
Administrator
Website

True, Jack B, and IMO that's partyly due to KR falling out of a tree and not able to film the opening scenes of DMC as was planned.  Had Jack's father been made known to us in the second film I feel we would have recognized the father-child theme that ran thru all three main characters - Jack, Elizabeth, and Will.  I can only hope the next POTC film(s) will allow some insight into Jack's relationship with his father and that means: Disney - no Jack Sparrow brother please!  I don't want to see Jack explained thru a Jack-wannabe PLEASE.  You gave us two strong characters, father and son, the basics of Disney themes, all we need now to develop Jack Sparrow is his mother.  There, see Disney?   Trio and theme complete!!

"Couldn't resist, Mate!" ~ Captain Jack, just a bit ago...  wink  ...sigh...

#28 12-28-2009 12:57:01

Jack Blackmore

That coconut three did deprived us from knowing more about him. I am sure we would have been introduced to a man with a very strong and passionate character.

They might have thought after he shot that man, he was a cold calculated figure.
I just saw a man who did so for making sure they did not end in a total chaos and lawlesness, for that is what the outsiders  think. The code is the law, and that stupid person did sign that very same code and then rejected it.

Sorry I just can't help analyse people and Teague is just like Jack a good and interested study material.
But I might be wrong about this, for ye hear and know so little, there for I am glad a potc 4 is coming and hopefully Jack's character will be more in the open.

Last edited by Jack Blackmore (12-28-2009 12:58:41)

But ye have heard of mehttp://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/figuren/a035.gif

#29 12-28-2009 23:53:41

First Mate
Administrator
Website

Aye, Jack B.  Captain Teague did see the benefits and possibilities in holding to the Code, he was a man who abhored the waste of anarchy and hated British authority so the pirate life suited him greatly.  His displeasure with the pirate lords and their self-aggrandizing form of government seemed to be handed down to his son, as Jack was quick to understand what Teague meant by "Not likely".  Teague said that more to Jack than to the Council.

Jack knew what was coming,  I'm guessing it was his father who told him the ways of the Brethren Court as he was then Keeper of the Code.  Jack knew this was the time to bring a new brand of politics to the Council and when he voted for another - Miss Swann - he found his vote was more valuable when given in support of another - every Pirate Lord wanted to know why Jack hadn't voted for them!  Of course, Captain Teague's loud pluck on the guitar string and electric glare prickling the back of his neck also helped in his decision...  And in true Jack Sparrow fashion, he got Miss Swann to do just what he'd have done if just one lord had voted him king!

And this isn't analysis - I only relay what the films and characters said to me.  Maybe I put too much of myself into it, or maybe it's me having been raised on Disney films... hard to separate the two.

"Couldn't resist, Mate!" ~ Captain Jack, just a bit ago...  wink  ...sigh...

#30 12-29-2009 05:38:54

Jack Blackmore

I totally agree upon what ye said First Mate.
Everyone voted for them selves, so if ye don't want your vote to be lost, you vote for the one most valuable to you and Barbossa wasn't it.
miss Swan wanted to fight, for her own perpose and that suited him better.

And I too had the idea that Teague said the not likely to Jack, he was lookin at him to, so it must have been meant for Jack and not the council. Was not hard to miss aswell.
But then I saw all three movies around fity times or so hail to the DVD haha.
The ideas here said and written also make me look at other perspectives and makes me look what others may have seen and I have not.

Board footer

Begun January 16, 2009
All pictures in What Say Ye? header captured by Maureen
Captain Jack Belongs To The World! If You Take My Pictures For Your Site Or Fanwork, Please Provide A Link Back To
ALL CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW ~ thanks!